Australia’s premier Excel modelling and analysis course for finance professionals
This course is designed for existing users of Excel or similar spreadsheet programs needing to vastly increase their modelling & analytical skills especially in the disciplinary areas of Finance, Accounting, Management & Procurement. It is a unique & practical 48-hour hands‐on course designed to improve the Excel modelling & analytical skills of finance professionals for the forecast, analysis & presentation of business & financial information and for building transparent and robust financial and valuation models.
Modes of Study
- Classroom mode: 48 hours, usually on six days over one month
- Residential mode hours: 56 hours usually on five days over one week, including one-on-one coaching on projects
- Instructor-led Online via Zoom: 48 hours, 12 half-day lessons twice a week over six weeks (evening and morning offerings)
- Instructor-led Online via Zoom: 48 hours, six full days, twice a week over three weeks
- Distance Learning: self study over six to twelve months.
- In-house course: 48 hours, usually on five or six days over one month
- Significantly upgrade your modelling & analytical skills;
- Up to 48 or 56 hours of continuing professional education for accountants and other professionals;
- Learn proven methodologies & techniques to build more transparent & powerful models & reports whilst reducing complexity;
- Gain effective approaches to build robust sensitivity into models;
- Build a useful & effective framework for assimilating technical knowledge;
- Importantly – develop measurable improvements in accuracy, productivity & transparency!
The Course Delivers
- A thorough grounding in the tools and features available in Excel;
- Techniques to assist in auditing and understanding existing workbooks;
- Coverage of essential Excel functions for forecasting and financial analysis;
- Methods to generalise formulas for more dynamic and flexible calculations and analysis;
- Approaches to simplify calculations and increase the transparency of models and analyses;
- Practical guidance on the layout and structuring of workbooks for valuation, forecasting and analysis.
- Financial modellers and those building valuation and forecasting models;
- Business Analysts responsible for forecasting and performance analysis;
- Consultants preparing valuations, cash flow forecasts and process and business improvement models for clients;
- Accountants, finance managers and financial controllers budgeting and analysing business performance;
- Fund accountants and managers in equity and property funds;
- Financial advisers, public accountants, management consultants;
- Procurement, project planning and logistical staff responsible for financial and logistical planning;
- Managers responsible for their own analysis and forecasting;
- Anyone who uses Excel to perform their role, looking to improve their productivity and accuracy.
Benefits for the Employer
- Direct and measurable improvement in staff productivity and a reduction in errors through good design;
- Standardisation of technique within workgroups is an important outcome;
- A number of our clients have made this course an integral part of their employee training and development programs and have reaped measurable benefits from the standardised techniques adopted;
- The very flexibility that is the principal attraction of modern spreadsheet products is the reason for shortcomings in design. A user must adopt & develop a strongly defined technique that enhances their efficiency, increases transparency & improves reliability. This course is not “just another Excel course”, it delivers on these requirements.